Today, Monday, July 18, 2016 there will be paving done on County Rte. 78 from County Rte. 49 to County Rte. 11. Tomorrow, Tuesday, July 19, 2016. they will be striping this same area. This work is being done by Orange County DPW. Any questions, they can be contacted at 845-291-2750.
CITY OF MIDDLETOWN
REQUEST FOR QUOTES/QUALIFICATIONS
The City of Middletown Community Development Agency, is requesting quotes and qualifications from New York State Certified Appraisers.
The complete Request for Quotes/Qualifications for the above is available at the City of Middletown Office of Community & Economic Development, Middletown, New York 10940 and on the City of Middletown Web Site www.middletown-ny.com. For further information you may contact the Director of the Community Development Agency, Maria Bruni at 845-346-4170 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City reserves the right to reject any or all proposals or parts of proposals, to negotiate modifications of proposals submitted, and to negotiate specific work elements with a proposer into a project of lesser or greater magnitude than described in the Request For Quotes/Qualifications or the proposers reply.
The closing date for submission of proposals is Monday, August 1, 2016
By Order of
CITY OF MIDDLETOWN COMMUNITY
JOSEPH M. DESTEFANO, CHAIRMAN
For full RFQ package click here: 2016-2 RFQ Appraisal Services
The City of Middletown will hold a public informational meeting during the regularly scheduled Council Meeting on Tuesday, July 19, 2016 on or about 8:10 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall regarding two upcoming drainage construction projects. The purpose of the meeting will be to inform the public and interested stakeholders of the project and receive any input regarding the proposed actions.
The first project to be discussed is titled “Proposed Maple Avenue Drainage Improvements” and is comprised of various stormwater improvements including new stormwater detention, drainage channel improvements, and new concrete box culvert. The second project to be discussed is titled “Drainage Improvements West Main Street Area” and is comprised of various stormwater improvements including channel realignment, channel stabilization, and precast concrete block retaining walls. Thank you.
Click on the link below for the full article:
Milling will start on Tuesday July 5, 2016 weather permitting. Blacktopping will begin approximately July 18, 2016. The schedule is as follows:
1. Willow Place from Maple Drive to Birch Drive
2. Sprague Avenue from Grant Street To Myrtle Avenue
3. Railroad Avenue from East Main Street to Sprague Avenue
4 Grand Avenue from Myrtle Avenue to East Main Street
5. Broad Street from East Main Street to Prince Street AND Prince Street To Dewitt Street
6. Dewitt Street from Broad Street To Grand Avenue AND Grand Avenue to Irwin Avenue
7. Prospect Street from Highland Avenue to Clemson Park entrance
8. Commonwealth Avenue from Prospect Street to Wisner Avenue
9. Watkins Avenue from Prospect Street to Wisner Avenue
10. Sunset Place from Highland Avenue to Rockwell Avenue
11 Jay Street from Highland Avenue to Commonwealth Avenue
12. Roosevelt Avenue from Watkins Avenue to Elk Street
13. Elk Street from Roosevelt Avenue to End
14. Wisner Avenue from Highland Avenue to Rockwell Avenue
15. Randall Heights from Roosevelt Avenue to Cantrell Avenue
"No parking on the street" signs will be posted. The DPW office appreciates your patience and understanding during this time. Any questions, please call our office at 343-3169.
City of Middletown Code Chapter 319 Littering
No person shall post or affix any notice, poster or other paper or device calculated to attract the attention of the public to any lamppost, street sign, public utility pole or shade tree, or upon any public structure, building, public right-of-way or City property except as may be authorized or required by law.
Any person who violates any of the provisions of this chapter shall be guilty of an offense within the meaning of the Penal Law of the State of New York and, upon conviction thereof, shall be subject to a fine of not less than $250 nor more than $750 or by imprisonment for a period not exceeding 15 days, or both such fine and imprisonment. Each day that a violation is permitted to exist shall constitute a separate offense.
Alderwomen Sommers and Alderman Jean-Francois will hold quarterly 4TH Ward Special Meetings in place of the Monday Meetings each month at City Hall at 16 James Street at 10:00AM, in the Council Chambers on the second floor.
The Quarterly Meeting Dates will be:
Saturday, April 9, 2016 at 10:00AM
Saturday, July 9, 2016 at 10:00AM REVISED DATE
Saturday, October 8, 2016 at 10:00AM
All Constituents from the fourth ward are welcome to come to discuss any issues.
The 2016 Summer Concerts are taking place Thursday - From 6-8 PM - Sweet Summer Sounds on North - 9-15 North Street and Fridays and From 7-9 PM at Festival Square - 29-37 West Main Street.
Please click here for full schedule → pdf Summer Concert Series 2016 (717 KB)
Any resident who has a Yard Sale or Garage Sale in the City of Middletown must have a permit, issued by the City Clerk's Office, according to the City Code Chapter 384 Article II Garage/Yard Sales.
• There are No Rain Dates for Yard Sales
• Yard Sales are only 8:00 a.m. through 8:00 p.m. only
• The Permit for a Yard Sale is $10.00
• Yard Sales or Garage sale permits are limited to only two (2) per year, for no more than 3 consecutive days.
• A $50.00 refundable deposit is required for all Yard Sales and will be refunded after the Code Enforcement Department authorizes the compliance of Chapter 319-17 Litter Law: