Community Development Agency Board
Mission Statement (Adopted March 21, 2017)
The Middletown Community Development Agency’s purpose is to plan and implement programs involving the rehabilitation and revitalization of both the residential and commercial sectors of the City of Middletown, foster economic growth, provide assistance to public service organizations, eliminate blight, promoted neighborhood stabilization, and improve housing opportunities for low- and moderate-income residents of the City of Middletown.
The Middletown Community Development Agency will implement its mission by undertaking initiatives principally geared toward the elimination of blighted and deteriorated conditions existing among the City’s residential and commercial properties. The Middletown Community Development Agency will acquire blighted properties, provide resources for rehabilitation of acquired properties, and will create financing mechanisms to allow for the acquisition of rehabilitated properties for homeownership by low- and moderate-income residents.
The Middletown Community Development Agency will be capitalized with municipal resources as well as other state and federal financial resources and program income.
The City of Middletown Community Development Agency is a public benefit corporation which has been authorized to be reestablished by New York State legislation on July 18, 2012 at the request of the City of Middletown. It functions as an "Urban Renewal Agency" under Articles 15, 15-A, and Section 633 of Article 15-B of the General Municipal Laws of the State of New York and was enacted into law as Chapter 200 of the Laws of 2012, While it is an independent entity from the City of Middletown government, the City of Middletown Common Council and Mayor are the members of the Middletown Community Development Agency Board of Directors pursuant to Section 601-a of the New York General Municipal Law. The Common Council has adopted the City of Middletown Urban Renewal Plan which will guide the operation of the Middletown Community Development Agency.
Middletown Community Development Agency Performance Goals: (Adopted June 03, 2014)
- Operate in a fiscally conscientious and responsible manner.
- To continually assess the needs of the City's residents, and to strive to apply the Agency's services where they will create the most benefit and community vitality.
- To meet the needs of the community by working to secure state and federal funding for City and community priorities.
- To cultivate community trust and engagement by operating in a transparent and easily accessible manner.
- To meet the needs of the residents of the City of Middletown by supporting local public service agencies and programs.
- Assist City of Middletown municipal departments including Code Enforcement, Office of Economic and Community Development and the Department of Public Works to identify blighted properties and assist in the rehabilitation and repositioning of subject properties through funding programs aimed at the removal of blight in residential neighborhoods and improve the economic development of the City.
Mission Statement, Bylaws & Budget by the Year
folder 2018 CDA Documents
Agendas & Minutes by the Year
CURRENT RFQS, BIDDING DOCUMENTS, ETC
2016 ANNUAL REPORT AND AUDIT
2015 ANNUAL REPORT AND AUDIT
2014 ANNUAL REPORT AND AUDIT
2014 Organizational Structure
2014 enabling statute
2014 Assessment of Internal Control Structure and Procedures
2014 Personal and Real Property Transactions
2014 Board and Management
2014 Schedule of Debt
2014 Performance Measures Report
2014 Mission Statement and Performance Goals
2014 Operations and Accomplishments Report
2014 PARIS Report
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AGENCY GUIDELINES