Any resident who has a Yard Sale or Garage Sale in the City of Middletown must have a permit, issued by the City Clerk's Office, according to the City Code Chapter 384 Article II Garage/Yard Sales.
• There are No Rain Dates for Yard Sales
• Yard Sales are only 8:00 a.m. through 8:00 p.m. only
• The Permit for a Yard Sale is $10.00
• Yard Sales or Garage sale permits are limited to only two (2) per year, for no more than 3 consecutive days.
• A $50.00 refundable deposit is required for all Yard Sales and will be refunded after the Code Enforcement Department authorizes the compliance of Chapter 319-17 Litter Law:
E-ZPass On-the-Go is now available in the City Clerk's Office at Middletown City Hall Room 12 for only $25.00.
E-ZPass On-the-Go is an E-Z and convenient way to save time and money. E-ZPass On-the-Go allows the busy traveler to open an E-ZPass account without filling out an application or waiting in line.
1. Purchase the tag for $25.00 in the City of Middletown City Clerk's Office at 16 James Street.
2. Register Tag Online at www.e.zpassny.com or call 1-800-697-1554 and $25.00 will be credited to your account.
3. Attach to windshield and start saving!
Important: You must register Tag before using
Click here for more information → pdf E-ZPass On-the-Go Information (387 KB)
Advertisement for BIDS City of Middletown Economic Development
City of Middletown Collection of Yard Waste
Yard waste collection will begin on Monday, April 2, 2018. Yard waste should be set out on Sunday evenings.
For curbside pickup NOT ON THE STREET beginning on Monday each week.
Also available FOR MIDDLETOWN RESIDENTS ONLY, No Commercial
Yard waste and Recyclables can be dropped off at Recycling Center on Monhagen Avenue,
Monday – Friday, 7 AM – 3:00 PM.
Yard waste Collection ends on December 7, 2018
Yard waste consists of grass clippings, weeds, brush, branches, and leaves and it
should be put in cans, barrels or plastic bags. Small branches must be securely tied in bundles not exceeding 18” in diameter by 36” in length as per City Ordinance §407-5.
Help protect the environment - Lower our landfill disposal cost by RECYCLING
Dear City of Middletown Water Customer,
The City of Middletown has retained Energy Systems Group (ESG), and indirectly Professional Meters, Inc, (PMI) to install new Automatic Reading water meters at every water service location. The vast majority of meters have already been replaced by PMI since the beginning of their work in April of 2017. PMI will be ceasing their meter replacement efforts by end of October 2017.
PMI indicates that there is a number of locations which have not been cooperative in scheduling appointments to have their meter replaced, even after 4 notice attempts made by PMI.
PLEASE NOTE: Any remaining meter locations that have NOT been scheduled and replaced by the time that PMI ceases meter installations for the City of Middletown, will incur a $200.00 SURCHARGE FEE (added to their regularly scheduled water bill) for each subsequent billing period, and is subject to WATER SERVICE TERMINATION.
Furthermore, please also note the following responsibilities of the owner:
THIS IS THE SEASON FOR POTHOLES.
Please call the Department of Public Works at 845-343-3169 or email, if you observe any in our City.
We appreciate your assistance.